Saturday, June 4, 2011

Road Trip: Days 1 & 2

DAY 1

We left San Antonio on Friday night around 5:30 p.m. I found it oddly comforting to know that we only needed to get on I-35 and that one road would take us all the way north to MN. Drove to Denton, TX, just north of Fort Worth and spent the night in a hotel. Rock stars have nothing on our ability to destroy a hotel room.





DAY 2

Woke up and swam in the hotel after breakfast. Got on the road around 10 am. This was taken cruising through Kansas. The kids did so much better in the car than I thought they would. They each had a DS. I had my iPad with the Nook application that would read books aloud to the kids (genius!) and a full bag of new library books. We played the Alphabet game, looking for letters on signs and license plates. Pillows, blankies, and snacks galore. We stopped every 2-4 hours and ate or went potty. Made it all the way to Des Moines by late Saturday night and stayed with Joe and Ellie Reser.

No comments: