Saturday, February 21, 2015

Thinking Day 2015: Sweden

Sarah's Girl Scout Troop participated in a local event called Thinking Day where each troop had to research a different country. This year, the girls chose Sweden. I ran to a store to buy a specific Dala horse stamp so that we could stamp the passports of each girl as she passed by our booth. I went to a store called The Wooden Spoon in Plano and met Gwen, the owner. I got to talking to her and found out that she was originally from Minnesota too. Her shop was full of Scandanavian goodies, some of which she let me borrow for our Thinking Day display: a $120 hand-carved and painted Dala horse, a 2-ft tall statue of Santa Lucia, a Jultomten - a Christmas troll, and a 6-ft maypole wrapped in flowers and ribbons! It was amazing! 


The girls watched a performance by a Bollywood dance group and then got to learn a few steps and have their picture taken with the performers.



No comments: