Saturday, April 9, 2011

Ethan's Birthday Party

Ethan wanted a LEGO party for his birthday, so we invited his classmates and friends over to the house. I had dumped about 2,000 LEGOs in the center of the table and I think the kids would have stayed in that exact spot, building like crazy, for the whole two-hour party if I had let them.





Eventually, I had each child build their own LEGO car. Mark built a track, Pinewood Derby style, and the kids raced their cars for prizes.



Jacob and his friend Zac built a LEGO Mario display for Ethan's cake. It was too heavy to place on the cake so I just set it in front. The cake itself was made to look like LEGO blocks. In hindsight, I should have used fondant to get those bright colors and smooth edges of LEGO blocks. But - with only a couple hours to the party, I didn't have any time to change my mind and shop for more supplies.



Happy birthday Babers!

No comments: