So anyway...people say to me all the time "I don't know how you do it." And the short answer is I don't watch TV. Or movies. Apparently, I project this image of an organized, creative, smart, super-mom, do-it-all kind of person.

In fact, if I had a dollar for all the times I hear people say that, I'd hire someone to be all those things for me. And while I certainly hope that I am all those things at least a little bit, I rarely feel like I am all those things all at once or all the time. If fact somedays I feel just the opposite. My dining table is always covered in papers. My kids ate corn dogs and Macaroni and Cheese for dinner. Again. I don't make my bed and I haven't worked out in a month.

My family and I suffer because I do so much for other people.
There. I said it.
I feel like shouting to the world "I'M ONLY HUMAN. I MAKE MISTAKES. ALL THE TIME. As a mom, as a wife, as an employee, as a volunteer - I could be better at all of those things. My standards for myself are pretty high already, so please don't feel like you need to hold me to an even higher one." But I don't ever say it because usually I'm listening to people dump their buckets and talking them off their own personal ledges. Today, someone asked me "when will something give?" and I just flat out said I didn't know. I said I really wish I knew what to tell you, but I honestly don't know. Just try to say no in the first place (impossible). Delegate after that.

And don't sweat the small stuff.
I meant this to be a more light-hearted post. I've been saving those funny birthday card images for nine months now! But thanks for reading and listening to me dump my bucket. I appreciate it.
No comments:
Post a Comment