Sunday, February 12, 2012

These Are The Days (Rodeo and Others)


Every February, the San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo comes to town. Everyone gets out their belt buckles, boots and bling to celebrate. Even the school kids get in on the action. Lucas' school has a Cowboy Breakfast and a visit from Cowboy Kevin a trick roper. Some of you long-time readers may remember a run in Ethan had with Cowboy Kevin that started this whole blog! Still hilarious after all these years!

Recently, we attended the Cub Scout Pinewood Derby. In a weak moment, I volunteered to run the concession stand so I spent most of the day behind the food service tables. Neither Jacob's nor Ethan's cars did very well in the races, but the boys (I mean, Mark) had fun building them. 

In another volunteer effort, I made this enormous sign that will hang at the kids' school for a year or two, until we raise $100K for a track. Right now, the kids do their running and other activities in the back parking lot! $30K down, $70K to go. 


Team NAPA.


Party girls riding the party bus last weekend when our friend Laurie turned 21 (I mean 40). After dinner at La Fogata with their stunning and STRONG margaritas, the party bus (complete with satellite TV, a booming stereo system, lit-up floor and stripper pole) took us to Wild West, a local country dance bar. It was a wild night the birthday girl is still recovering from!



Had to do an ancestry report for Sarah that included pictures of her at various ages...had to share some of her cutest. Luckily, the rest of the report was the same from when Jacob had to do it three years ago! 





No comments: