Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter: Pay It Forward

The kids' pediatrician hosted an Easter egg hunt. It started at 5 p.m. on a Thursday and we showed up at 5:05. Totally missed the egg hunt! The kids were pouty and didn't even want their picture with the Easter Bunny so I said "Let's just go then!" apparently loud enough that another mom took pity on us and explained that there would be another round.

So while we waited, kids who did NOT miss the egg hunt began to share their goodies with my kids, and other kids who were too little to gather much on their own. (Except for two pre-teens who hoarded Target bags of eggs and did not share their Tweety bird sticker prizes. I mean, seriously? You're too old for an actual easter basket but not too old for the egg hunt?)

But then the second egg hunt was announced and my kids made a break for it. They found plenty of goodies and lo and behold, SHARED them with other kids who came even later or didn't get many eggs. Paying it forward. I couldn't be prouder.

Oh, and since their moods improved, they did sit for a picture with the Easter Bunny after all.


On Easter morning, I got a text from our wonderful next door neighbor. It said "You better send the kids out the front door before it starts to rain." And this is what they found!



His smile says it all! So excited and such a sweet thing for my neighbor to do. This is the same neighbor who borrowed Lucas' car seat and installed it in her son-in-law's car as a not-so-subtle hint that she is ready to be a Grandma! Hahaha! I love her sense of humor! 


No comments: