Jacob's school held a dance for the 8th graders only It was not a prom, or even a formal, but of course everyone was calling it that. Jacob, who hasn't missed a scout camp out in a very long time, decided he wanted to go to the dance instead of the campout.
He asked a girl, who said yes, then texted him later to say she decided against it and she had felt pressure to say yes since she was surrounded by people when he asked. It was a good lesson to learn (ask privately) for future dates. He was embarrassed but recovered nicely.
There was another girl who adores him and asked him to go to the dance but he declined and just said he was going to go with a group now. She still signs off their text conversations with "Love you" even though Jacob has not responded in kind, so I guess she recovered as well.
I volunteered for the dance to do photography so I could keep an eye on things from behind the lens. Everyone was pretty well behaved and had a great time, although there were some girls with questionable dresses for 14 year-olds. Note to self for when Sarah is in 8th grade!
I thought Jacob was incredibly handsome and I love his post-braces smile.

No comments:
Post a Comment