Saturday, May 2, 2009

Crap Show

Uh, I mean Craft Show. That's where I wasted 6+ hours today to sell one set of wine charms. It was a well-publicized church show, lots of vendors, nice day...just no shoppers. Could it have been fear of swine flu? Could it have been the economy? Could it have been the FUNERAL that was going on simultaneously that scared them off??

Luckily Charisse brought her box of beads and jewelry making supplies. We spent about 5 hours making necklaces and bracelets. At least she'll be well-stocked for her show at our school Wednesday for Staff Appreciation Week!

I try not to buy things at the shows we do. It's too easy to spend everything that I make! But today, I was intrigued by a Baked Potato Bag. It's a quilted bag about 10" square. You put your rinsed/damp potatoes in the bag - no pricks - and stick it in the microwave. It takes 6 minutes to cook four medium sized potatoes and they come out all fluffy like they do when they have been cooked in the oven! Or so the lady says. I'll have to report back on this one, I think. But I am excited to try it! She had all sorts of fabric choices - from Elvis to Toosie Rolls to more normal kitchen themes. The Parisien restaurant one was cute but only came in the smaller size. I got the big one so I can heat up tortillas with it too! Here's my bag!



Lucas learned a new trick...He can say "Shhh!" which will probably come in handy around here!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice face Jacob! Way to be quiet...
Let me know about the baked potato bag. Will buy one if you think they work.
Love to catch up with you on the blog. Hate it that you're having fun with other friends and I'm not there! boo hoo! I could have danced on a table or two at Fiesta!