No, none of us have swine flu. There are schools closing all around us and Jacob's basketball league has cancelled practice and games until further notice. But everything else is normal. Or as normal as it can be when all people talk about is swine flu and when will our school district close down. Sarah's T-ball is still going on. Dance class is still on. The world is still turning. Just with lots more hand sanitizer.
Today was a fun day. I went to a Marriott hotel for Box Tops University, a training session and idea exchange for coordinators of the Box Tops for Education program (you know, those things you're all supposed to be cutting out and sending to me!). I got lots of good ideas for next year - even one for over the summer - to raise more money for our school. And I won a $50 HEB gift card (grocery) which will come in handy when I stock up on canned goods and water for the swine flu bunker we are building in the backyard.
Next week is Staff Appreciation Week at school. It's one of my jobs for the PTA to organize it. My three co-chairs and I are freaking out, breaking out and passing out from all the stress. Nothing like a few bad apples to ruin a beautiful basket of kindness. We are all counting the days until it's over. Or cursing the swine flu because of the possibility that school will close next week and the planning for this event will have to drag on even longer. That's why I haven't blogged all week and may not again until Mother's Day!
Just got a call from a friend about filling in at a craft show Saturday with my wine charms. Can't decide if adding that to my plate will be a welcome respite from all things PTA or if it will just make me more crazed. And will anyone show up to a craft show where there is a large crowd of people in an enclosed space for fear of contracting swine flu?
Hmmmm...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment