Sunday, November 15, 2009

Injury Report #347

At least that's what it feels like. I'm sure the number will only grow exponentially as the mother of three boys (and an accident prone daughter). The latest? Jacob stuck his hand up the ice dispenser on the fridge door and sliced his finger on the blades that crush ice! He probably would have gotten stitches but we didn't think it was that bad at the time (Friday night). Today, it's swollen and I was worried about infection so I took him in. Now they can't stitch it ... 12-24 hour window ... so we are to use steri-strips and gauze for the rest of the week. Jacob is trying to be so brave about it but he's on the verge of tears just telling the story. And even more so when I took him to the doctor. He's so shot-phobic I think he was panicked he'd get one. Off to the drug store to get his rx ointment.

No comments: