Thursday, November 12, 2009

Not Tonight Deer

Dear Mr. Deer,
Or Ms. Deer, as the case may be. Might I suggest you not cross a major city thoroughfare in the early evening when traffic is moving along at 50 mph and can't see you coming. Yes, I know there is contruction all over the place and really, what time of day would be good for you to cross that road? I'm not sure. But I'm fairly certain if you had waited just three seconds longer, you would not have crashed into my driver's side headlight and quarter panel. Didn't you learn anything from your distant relative's misfortune last winter? He too, was taken out by a stealth-like black Nissan Maxima. I've never thought of my family as hunters, but we seem to be doing more than our fair share to control your population. I will spare you the photographic evidence of our chance encounter, but our insurance agent will surely be interested in it.

R.I.P.

Sincerely,
Shannon

No comments: