Thursday, January 21, 2010

Hippy Chic

I have been dealing with a sore hip for almost two years now. Hurts to lift my leg into the car, hoist it up to shave my leg, crossover step in tennis... enough things that I finally had it looked at by my GP last July. They x-rayed it and said they couldn't see anything. Gave me an anti-inflammatory medication that I took for a month but didn't do anything and now I just manage it with Aleve. The GP told me to see an orthopaedist because I might need an injection, so I did some research online and my treatment plan came to a screeching halt. Horror stories about painful injections, side effects, unskilled shot-wielders... yikes! It took me four more months just to make the appointment.

So today, I met Dr. Frank Garcia and he was great. Alleviated my fears of early onset hip replacement (you know it can be hereditary Dad?!) Got an injection in my outer hip and scheduled an MRI for next week to see if there are any other causes.

I'm hoping to have everything up and running (and by everything, I mean me) by the first week in February when my tennis coach comes back from Thailand!

No comments: