Tuesday, January 24, 2012
The Big 4 - 0.
The day after I returned from Dallas market was my 40th Birthday. My terrific girlfriends took me to lunch at the TPC Clubhouse at the JW Marriott resort. We shared lots of laughs, a few tears, and more laughs. I love these girls! Lunch ended with a fab molten chocolate cake ('cuz my Cake Girls would want to know).
For dinner, the family went to Carino's Italian restaurant. We've been going there for my birthday for the last four years because the kids think it's my favorite. It works out just fine - since they actually eat the food served there - as opposed to fighting with them at Sushi Zushi on my birthday.
When we got home, we played Hot/Cold to find my present. I started on the front hall rug and got spun around three times. Then I started walking and the kids would say warmer or colder if I was closer (or not closer) to finding it. The funniest part was that Ethan was right in front of me, walking backwards and thoroughly enjoying the game, not realizing that he was making turns and room choices for me, leading me right in to the master bathroom where my new MacBook laptop was hidden! Note to self...make the kids walk behind Mark in March!
Turning 40 isn't a big deal because of the number... I mean, forty is fabulous, right? But I do think people have a hard time with big birthdays because they cause you to evaluate when you are in your life and maybe things don't match up like you thought they would by now. I certainly thought I would have lost my pregnancy pounds by now. Not so much. My thirties were a blur raising children. Did I document it enough? I still don't need glasses, but I have a hip-replacement on the horizon...how fast will it get here? I have two really interesting jobs - a multi-faceted job for a jewelry designer and I'm social media manager for a tomato company. Who would have thought?
I'm excited to see what the next decade holds...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment