Thursday, April 18, 2013

A little catch-up

Things have been rolling along pretty smoothly here. The kids are plugging away at school and scout stuff. Sarah is in the Save The Planet Club at school and we created this poster for her to talk about recycling during Family Fun Night.


Ethan "taught" a lesson on creating a "Make-Believe Comix."


For scouts, Jacob has to capture pictures of ten species of wildlife in his neighborhood. We live near a pond that is home to many ducks, turtles, fish and other birds. They are very accustomed to being fed by people and will walk right up for bread crumbs.


Like this one we like to call "Afro Duck."


Jacob took this shot of the Blue Heron with his cell phone...he was that close! 


We also captured some backyard wildlife:




This is a Texas spiny lizard. On the house. One of several that must live in the hedges below these windows. Not the cute little green geckos I was used to in San Antonio.



Mark got a truckload of dirt delivered to spread around the yard's patches. The canopy of the three large trees out front has made the grass die underneath. It's interesting to see our landscaping come to life with the changing of the seasons because, up until recently, it looked like the previous owners planted dead things and broken pots.

I'm busy with PTA stuff, as usual. I was elected treasurer for next year, but I'm still finishing out this year's hospitality job with staff luncheons and staff appreciation week coming up next month.

Starting to plan our summer vacation. We're headed back to Great Wolf Lodge and I've got the kids enrolled in basketball and scouts camps. Daydreaming about travel - maybe to the Gulf Coast?

And both Jacob and Sarah need orthodontic consults. Oh boy.





No comments: