Ethan's birthday fell on the Monday after Easter this year. We grabbed a cake from the grocery store after school and I asked the young guy behind the counter to write "Happy Birthday Ethan" on it. You would have thought I asked him to stick his hand in the mouth of an alligator because he started stammering and admitted he was new and terrible at writing on cakes. Even admitted he had ruined some! So I asked if I could do it myself. He was shocked that I knew how and said that he could learn from me! So he brought out a pastry bag of blue frosting and I showed him how it was done! Steady pressure, cursive to minimize lumpy stops and starts; and make sure you know what you're spelling!
Ethan's party day was pushed back until the following Sunday. He had a Minecraft party at Main Event. Minecraft is a computer game where everything is pixelated squares. I made the cake for this one, using an idea I got from Pinterest. Brownie-like cake for the dirt, grass frosting, rice krispie sand and jello jiggler water.
His goodie bags had rocks, diamonds, iron bars and TNT, plus a key chain the kids helped make and some M&Ms for good measure.
Post-sugar high.


No comments:
Post a Comment