Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Anniversary

Mark and I celebrated 14 years of marriage today. We don't usually give big gifts on this day, but it would be nice to at least go out to dinner. Last year, he completely forgot, so I wasn't anticipating anything this year either. Mark was scheduled to be out of town the whole week anyways. After he realized what Wednesday was, he changed his plans and flew home Wednesday afternoon so we could go out to dinner. We got Jacob home from school at 4:30, we went to dinner at Texas Road House (the place where you can throw peanut shells on the floor) with all the kids. Had to be done by 6:45 because the kids had church school. So you can imagine my surprise when Mark pulls out a gift at the restaurant. 


When I opened it, I started to cry. My girlfriends would say "the romance isn't dead yet!" but I felt bad for not even getting him a card! It was a huge surprise. And then we finished up dinner and I took the kids to church while Mark headed back to the airport to fly out again that night. Crazy!!

No comments: