Now a first grader, Lucas got to participate in the Hat Parade. Assigned as a "family project", at least they were acknowledging who is really doing the work on these things! However, Lucas tried to make a couple different hats by himself. Which, in hindsight, I totally should have taken pictures of...
The first was a circle out of white copy paper that leftover paper scraps hanging off the sides in sort of a squished octopus formation. It laid on his head and the scraps bounced and poked him in the eyes. Next!
Then he cut another circle out of white copy paper and had me attach two other pieces of paper around the circle so that it resembled Lincoln's hat without the brim. He pulled it down over his forehead and decided he wanted eye holes. After I cut them, he put the hat back on and looked like a member of the KKK. NEXT!
I took a piece of poster board and folded it in the shape of a basic sailors hat. Lucas decorated it with stamps and markers and I attached a stretchy chin strap. Which he apparently didn't use because he's holding the hat on his head as he walked.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment