Thursday, January 30, 2014

Hippy Chick: Post-Op week two

After Mary left, I was home by myself during the day. Mark came home with lunch Monday. Pam came over with lunch Tuesday. Saushan came over with lunch Wednesday ... and I forgot to tell Mark ... who also came home with lunch that day! Whoops! It was nice to have everyone looking out for me. No "I've fallen and I can't get up" scenarios played out. I napped a lot and had PT every other day.

At the two-week point, I had a follow up visit with Matt, the physician's assistant to my surgeon. They removed my bandage and said I could shower normally in two more days. The incision was healing nicely and they were pleased with my progress.

Before:


After:


Matt confirmed I would be able to drive at four weeks post-op, and that they'd see me again for a six-week post-op checkup.

No comments: